The deadline for applications for this position is December 7th, 2021.
Administrative role with the ogi
The Organic Growers of Ireland are recruiting an administrative assistant.
Duration: Fixed term contract for one year
Location: Remote work
Start Date: Jan/Feb 2022
Hours: Part-time; the hours equate to approximately one day per week (see details below)
Reporting Structure: The successful candidate will report to the OGI committee
Salary: Dependent on experience
Education: Relevant degree level
The Organic Growers of Ireland is a representative body for organic growers in Ireland. This role involves providing administrative support to the OGI committee and steering committee to ensure efficient operation and further development of the OGI. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and self-motivated and the role will require a good level of versatility and independence.
Main tasks include:
- Manage and develop the OGI website and social media
- Prepare OGI monthly newsletter
- Liaise with committee and staff members of the OGI
- General administrative duties such as schedule meetings, maintain organised file systems, deal with emails & phone calls etc.
- Prepare applications for funding
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, self-manage and proactively drive tasks to conclusion
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Word Press is beneficial but not essential as training can be provided
- Knowledge of organic horticultural sector advantageous
- Experience with funding applications beneficial
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, December 7th. To apply for the position please send a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter to: info