The deadline for applications for this position has now passed.
Organic Farming Internship Programme in Horticulture Coordinator Role
The Organic Growers of Ireland are recruiting for a Coordinator for the Organic Farming Internship Programme in Horticulture.
Duration: This part-time position is a based on a one-year rolling contract, subject to funding
Location: The position is located primarily from home but will require national travel when visiting participating farms and training events
Start Date: January 2021
Hours: Part-time; the hours equate to approximately one day per week (see details below)
Reporting Structure: The successful candidate will report to the Steering Committee of the Organic Growers of Ireland
Salary: Dependent on experience
Education: Relevant degree level
Job Description: Coordinating the internship requires a high level of motivation and an ability to work on own initiative. Essential requirements are excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills and a drive to deliver this exciting and valuable programme. A working knowledge of organic horticulture is beneficial but not essential. The successful candidate will have a valid driving licence and their own vehicle, with travel expenses covered. The hours equate to approximately one day per week, however, many of the hours tend to be in the first quarter (Jan-Mar) in order to get the programme up and running.
Main tasks include:
· Finding suitable certified organic farms to host the interns
· Advertising the programme to a wide audience to ensure enough participants to run the internship
· Liaise with applicants and host farms ahead of placements
· Organising and attending workshops and farm walks for the participants
· Ensuring the smooth running of the programme and addressing any issues that arise during the programme
· Managing the budget for the programme and keeping financial records
· Planning and organising the annual OGI Future Growers Conference
· Liaising with OGI Steering Committee and submitting a monthly report on the programme
· Writing regular reports for the Department of Agriculture Food and the Marine who currently fund the programme.
The closing date for applications is Friday, November 27th. To apply for the position please send a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter to: info